On this episode, G.T. LaBorde joins us to discuss how he is helping bring transparency in healthcare to improve care of patients. G.T. is a serial entrepreneur and currently the CEO of Illumicare. Illumicare has created a platform that can be integrated with EMR to combine numerous pieces of data to help patients and care providers make the best decision quickly.
Throughout this episode Nathan and G.T. discuss many of G.T.’s ventures and his background. We dive into how he went from being a lawyer to CEO of a healthcare technology company. He is a brilliant man with a great story that we know you will love.
To learn more about G.T. and Illumicare go to their website Illumicare.com!
Subscribe to the Podcast: Apple Podcasts | Android | Google Play | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS
- Interview Begins [04:00]
- How G.T. got to where he is today [04:47]
- Creating his first startup. [05:49]
- Having a law background helped him in the entrepreneurial pursuits that he took on over the years. [06:24]
- Things he learned from his past experiences that helped him [07:22]
- His current venture with IllumiCare and what they’re trying to do in the healthcare space. [09:03]
- Challenges/successes at IllumiCare [17:39]
- What is next for IllumiCare? [21:54]
- G.T.’s biggest impression at the HIMSS 2018 [27:41]
- Things that’s exciting G.T. right now with IllumiCare [30:55]
- The headline he hopes to see in the next 5 to 10 years from now [36:45]
- The thing he would do to create a better future of healthcare if he had all the power in the world [38:03]
- Why it’s so difficult to get price transparency [38:42]
- Words of advice for the next generation of healthcare leaders [40:57]
- “Like poker, you can start with the best hand and still lose you shirt.” [07:49]
- “It certainly just isn’t just you, you’re only in control with so many things. So don’t get full of yourself if you have a success and don’t get so down on yourself if you have a failure.” [08:32]
- “Good ideas could be anywhere.” [27:06]
- “Nobody ever makes big change happen by themselves.” [41:17]
Illumicare’s website Illumicare.com!