On this episode, Mich Hancock and Steve Sommers join us to discuss the upcoming TEDx GatewayArch event Think Well: Healthcare Out Loud!
Steve is the current Executive Director of TEDxGatewayArch, while Mich is the Co-Founder of TEDxGatewayArch. Together they created TEDxGatewayArch and have put on numerous amazing invents in St. Louis inspired by their mission to create an inclusive and equitable community of thought leaders in the St. Louis region.
If you would like to attend the their Think Well: Healthcare Out Loud event on Thursday, April 12th in St. Louis at the Sheldon Concert Hall CLICK HERE!
Subscribe to the Podcast: Apple Podcasts | Android | Google Play | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS
- Their background and how they got involved with TEDx [04:14]
- First official event they have organized [05:59]
- Their mission [09:32]
- The inspiration behind creating an event solely on the healthcare sphere [12:27]
- Are they stressed for their upcoming event? [14:37]
- What they will do after their event [15:15]
- What people can expect at the coming event [16:12]
- Their thoughts and motivations behind that deeper impact they are having with each event they run [20:45]
- What really goes into those 18 minutes they’re on stage (speakers) [23:57]
- Where to contact them [31:14]
- What a pop-up salon is [31:57]
- The headline they want to see in the next 5 to 10 years [34:15]
- What they’d do to create a better future of healthcare if they had all the power in the world [35:24]
- Advice for the next generation of healthcare leaders [37:43]
- “I think it’s really important that people get to balance off their lives with all the negativities they hear on the news.” [21:14]
- “Health isn’t just about the physical.” [36:03]
- “Dream big. We’ve got a lot of speakers who I think they’re surprised by the impact that they were able to have, that they have big ambitious goals and they had to work at it but then they’ve come to be. I think stretch yourself you know, just try to change the world because you will.” [37:43]